Last Update: 7-10-2007 12:58:29 PM
MissionThe Department of the Student Center complements the University experience outside the classroom by providing facilities, programs, and services for student organizations, university departments, and the surrounding community.
1. Facilities include meeting and program rooms, gathering places, Union Board, SGA, Spirit Groups, and KLPI office space, student organization mailboxes, media and technical services, and administrative office space. Also, the Student Center, Kennel, and dining areas serve as a home base for commuter students.
2. Programs include leisure recreational opportunities at the Bulldog Kennel, social, cultural, and intellectual programs presented by the Union Board, SGA, mulicultural organizations, spirit groups, religious organizations, and the Center itself.
3. Services include university program information, facility scheduling, making of posters, and vending in the Kennel.
4. The Department offers students active learning experiences in citizenship, leadership, and responsibility through the 150+ student organizations on campus. Student organizations cover the gambit of students' professional and personal interests and allow opportunities for student growth through participation. Students also participate and share leadership through involvement in the Student Organizations Committee and the Behavioral Standards Committee.
5. The Department provides students opportunities for employment and management through office student workers and graduate assistantships of the facilities.