Last Update: 7-10-2007 3:33:28 PM
MissionThe mission of the Department of Multicultural Affairs is to serve as an advocate and resource for students, faculty, and staff from diverse cultural backgrounds. The department assists in preparing future leaders for a multicultural society and provides doe retention efforts.
The Department of Multicultural Affairs supports the university's mission by collaboratively providing programs and activities to help meet the needs of students. These services include:
• Provides resources for other disciplines, as well as the local community.
• Provides educational efforts to change prejudice attitudes.
• Provides scholarship information for minority students.
• Serves as a cultural resource center for students, faculty, staff, and administration.
• Builds attitudes and bridges to retain minority students.
• Collaborates with the Minority Student Organization in providing services for a diverse population.